An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Part-time Breakfast Chef to join our Kitchen team. This is a challenging role for the right candidate, who has an established career as a chef in the Hotel sector and is keen to progress their skills in a fast paced environment. The role presents opportunity to be innovative and progress within the successful candidate will support the Head Chef in the efficient running of the kitchen ensuring that the preparation and presentation of the food complies with company standards. The role offers excellent career development within the Kitchen and opportunity to grow with the company.
- To ensure all S.O.P’s for food preparation and storage of the same is adhered to.
- To comply and adhere to all Hotel Policies and Procedures
- To clean your section at the end of each shift, ensuring that all sauces, containers, food items are covered and refrigerated.
- To ensure the highest standard of cleanliness at all times under HACCP regulations.
- To prepare food as to the specification given to you by the Head Chef and stated in the menus
- To observe cost control measures and minimise food wastage
- To prepare food for functions, Bars and the restaurant throughout the day with the assistance of the kitchen team.
- To be able to prep for busy days in an efficient and productive manner.
- To work in all sections of the kitchen, gaining experience in all to ensure flexibility and consistency.
- To ensure dressings and presentations of each dish is consistent and attractive to the eye following stated.
- To prepare sauces, main courses, speciality dishes, small experience in pastry and advantage.
- To be innovative and creative, participating in all team meetings.
- Previous experience in a similar environment (4/5* hotel)
- Chef qualification – minimum 2 year training
- Sound knowledge and passion for food handling, food standards and presentation
- Thorough knowledge of HACCP
- Fluent English
- Be flexible and willing to work weekends
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure
The above is neither restrictive nor definitive and may include from time to time additional duties that you will be expected to carry out. Hotel Kilkenny is an equal opportunities employer.
A FOUR STAR PROPERTY IN KILKENNY CITY. THIS PROPERTY IS A MEMBER OF THE GRIFFIN GROUP AND CONSISTS OF 138 BEDROOMS, 3 LARGE FUNCTION ROOMS AND 11 MEETING ROOMS, A LEISURE CENTRE INCLUDING 20M POOL, SAUNA, JACUZZI, STEAM ROOM AND GYMNASIUM, A RESTAURANT, BAR AND KIDS CLUB.
WE ARE A PROGRESSIVE COMPANY ALWAYS RE-INVESTING IN OUR PEOPLE AND PRODUCT OFFERING.
WHEN JOINING HOTEL KILKENNY YOU WILL BECOME PART OF A DEDICATED TEAM IN A DYNAMIC HOTEL COMPANY THAT DELIVERS.
Categories :Hotel Kilkenny